PFLAG Canada Membership
"How many members do you have?" We have been asked this simple question many times. Membership numbers alone do not convey the strength and value of an organization, but numbers can be used as one indicator of effectiveness. The trust and appreciation of those who come to us seeking support and the high regard in which we are held by other organizations speak to the importance and value of our work. Now, we are asking you to stand beside us in support of our vision of a more open and accepting Canadian society.
Will you become a member?
What does membership in PFLAG Canada give you?
- A sense of belonging to a community that is engaged in making Canada a more accepting home for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities
- A feeling that you are an integral part of a nationally-recognized movement toward equality
- Access to knowledgeable people, credible resources and current information on issues of sexual orientation and gender identity
- A sense of pride in standing with others who believe in a Canadian society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity
- An opportunity to identify with a reputable organization of high integrity
- A place where people not only hear when you speak - they also listen. This is a place where your contributions can make a difference in our world
What is PFLAG Canada?
PFLAG Canada is many things. It is comfort, it is support and it is a source of information for people who are dealing with issues concerning sexual orientation and gender identity. However, PFLAG Canada in its simplest form is its members: you, me and hundreds of others across Canada.
PFLAG Canada's volunteers give of their time, knowledge, understanding and of their love and support. Our volunteers open their hearts to those needing help with the fear, guilt, shame and confusion created by societal ignorance and prejudice. PFLAG Canada provides hope and support to Canadians in more than 60 communities. We listen, we do not judge. PFLAG Canada is about love and acceptance.
What does PFLAG Canada do?
- PFLAG Canada provides support, information and resources on issues of sexual orientation and gender identity to all Canadians through our toll-free telephone line and through our network of volunteers in more than 60 communities across Canada. It also provides these resources to Canadians and the world via the internet
- PFLAG Canada works for equality, actively reaching out to schools, businesses, community organizations, all levels of government, and the general public by:
- - Accepting speaking engagements
- - Providing consultation
- - Making presentations
- - Writing letters and articles
- - Distributing literature at public events
- PFLAG Canada confronts discrimination when and where it occurs
There is so much more that we can do, but we cannot do it alone. Let's show our strength by coming together as one community, united in creating a more open and accepting Canadian society. Are you willing to stand and be counted? Please join us!
PFLAG Canada understands the importance of protecting the privacy of your personal information.
We are committed to complying with Canadian federal privacy legislation and guidelines.
We protect your personal information by only collecting the information necessary for the function provided and we limit access to this information on a "Need to Know" basis by our staff members.
This information is used only by PFLAG Canada. We do not sell, rent or give your information to others. You will never receive correspondence from others by having registered with us on our website or by fax, phone, e-mail or mail.
At any time click one of the tabs to take you where you want to go.
© PFLAG Canada, 2009